For Japan and the Middle East

Ian, Jose and the entire IMJ Nation wishes all IMJ Nation members in Japan, Libya (and surrounding areas) all the best in these extremely trying times.

Please know that you are always  in our thoughts and have all our best wishes.

May man’s inhumanity to man and these natural disasters stop.

This entry was posted in Best Wishes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to For Japan and the Middle East

1. Mike F says:

AND PLEASE EVERYONE DONATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST $10 VIA TEXT TO REDCROSS “90999”

Lets proved that we’re all still brothers and sisters and pull thru for each other!

• zorba_of_the_morningstar says:

Thanks for bringing this to everyones attention. The best way to show support and aide it to donate!
      The request for inhumanity to stop is a heartfelt plea, that we can all live by if we hold ourselves accountable for our actions and what inhumanity we see and don’t stand up to.
      These natural disasters should remind us all of the power this great earth has and how insignificant we are to her. WE can be shrugged off or trampled like a giant rolling over in it’s sleep would to parasites.

2. Sai011 says:

Its terrible both a earthquake and tsunami hit japan.

3. Venom829 says:

This is very heartbreaking for everyone who lives in these areas. My heart goes out to all of thiose who have lost their dear loved ones due to this horrible disaster. Seeing something of this nature, and with this much violence, and damage to hiomes, and people in the area, I feel that as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, I mUST share this comforting scripture, to reasure those who have suffered because of this calamity. I will now quote from my personal copy of the bible 2 Corinthians 1: 3,4 it states:”Blessed be the Father of tender mercies, and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those in any sort of tribulation through the comfort which we ourselves have been comforted by God”. For those who are not religous, I do not mean to offend you. I did out of pure love, concernc, and care for those who have been affected by the tsunami. I will be keeping the people of Japan in my thoughts and prayers. May all of them be able to be healed, and be helped as soon as possible.
    With dear love, Ben.

4. VictimPrime says:

Got up this morning to help my wife get off to work(I had the day off). My wife was visible upset, she told me what had happens and was worried about her family in the Philippines, major events like earthquakes in Japan tend to have an effect on the Philippines and things only got worse when she was unable to call home, the phone system seemingly down. Strangely enough it was using Facebook that she was able to contact some people in her home town and was a little reassured that things were OK for now. She left for work, but I knew she was still worried about reports of the tsunami heading for the Philippines, a stage two warning for the area where her family lives.

Spent the morning watching the news, looking for any info on what was happening in the region around Japan. Finally got good info that the Philippines had been spared from the tsunami. Called my wife at work and relayed the info to her, hoping she would relax a bit.

In a way I wished I had work today, watching the nonstop images and video of the destruction from Japan was starting to overwhelm me, I started getting a knot in my stomach I haven’t felt since Sept 11, it’s one thing to read about something like this after the fact, but watching it unfold almost live on TV just leaves me feeling helpless and sick. I had to filly stop watching and find something else to do, went down into my basement and started rearranging furniture and cleaning up. Anything to burn off some of the uneasy tension I was feeling.

The wife finally got home and after a couple of hours of trying , got though on the phone to her family, so I know she is relieved and that makes me feel a little bit better.

I wish there was more I could do to help out, a money donation is helpful, but that little help right now when everything is going down and people are suffering. I guess it’s times like this you wished superheroes really existed, but in the end you realize that when a disaster like this happens everyone of us has to become a superhero in our own way to help out and try to make the world a better place.

• Mike F says:

Dude, you just brought tears to my eyes. I’d nominate this post just out of how profoundly you wrote it. And yes I agree with every word you said.

I was planning on reading some books etc, but I couldn’t and still haven’t even started. I just can’t stop thinking about it… I literally wanna just fly over and help. ANYTHING. I’ve already donated, and I think I’ll donate every day I can until things are back to normal… IDK, but I feel as affected as they probably do, and yet I’m fine sitting in my home right now.

• VictimPrime says:

Just do what you can Mike, make a donation, say a pray, generate some positive energy. Every little bit helps!

• Mike F says:

Every little bit does help! I just can’t stop thinking about my Japanese friends/their families over there. Its making me worried sick, but so long as people make donations, things will at least be making progress. And I’m happy to see so many people here at the IMJ nation showing their support. Reminds me why I visit this blog, with so many kindhearted people here…

Anyone with a good eye knows that I have AXED certain comments from this thread– with Jose’s FULL COOPERATION and UNDERSTANDING.

This thread is simply meant as a LOVE LETTER of SUPPORT to IMJ Members, their families, loved ones and friends– and the peoples in Nations that are afflicted by these man-made atrocities and natural disasters.

THAT’S IT.

If some of you still feel the need to bring up the subjects that were discussed in the axed part of this thread– do so in the Open Thread and use some MODICUM of generosity and compassion if you do so again.

Mike F- There will be a personal message of support left for you in a few minutes at the gmail email you use to connect to IMJ.

6. Homer says:

This is indeed very tragic, and my prayers and thoughts are with the people of Japan and Libya. I totally understand how people feel when the sad disaster took place in Japan. I have some friends there that i still have not heard back from and i have been worried sick about them and hope that they are fine. Watching the news last night was gut-wrenching and it brought a few tears to my eyes. Venom829 and Victimprime, your words were very moving and had such a nice sense of comfort, these are the kind of words that we need to hear to help us cope with the sad events that have taken place. I wish the people of Japan a fast recovery from this tragedy. As for the people of Libya, i hope they get the support they so need in order to get this Madman and his minions out of there.

I am really at a loss for words, and all i can say is Let us help and contribute anyway we can, whether we contribute some money or lend a helping hand or give some words of comfort, the world needs this in order to rise up from such tragedies.

I’d just like to echo the good things being said on this thread and put out my best wishes for the people of Japan and Libya. I’ve just put in a donation through my local Red Cross agency.

Whether its through friends and family or through Japanese culture like manga, anime and games I think most of us probably have an affection for Japan and the Japanese and my thoughts are with them.

What is happening in Libya is also important, this last month or so has felt very much like 1989 when eastern european countries freed themselves from tyranny. History is being made at the moment, hopefully the rebels will triumph.