THE LUCKY THIRTEEN – DC’s New 52 THIRTEEN New #1 Comics Ship 9.7.11

This entry was posted in A Public Service Post, Awesome, AWESOME OPPORTUNITY, BATGIRL, BATMAN, Buying Comics, Comic Book Distribution, Coming Soon, Conspicuous Consumerism, COSTLY COMIC BOOKS, DC Comics, DC NEW 52, DCnU, IMJ Nation™, MAINSTREAM BEST SELLERS, Mainstream Comics, New Comic Book Releases, New Release List, SCOTT SNYDER and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to THE LUCKY THIRTEEN – DC’s New 52 THIRTEEN New #1 Comics Ship 9.7.11

1. philbyday says:

1) Swamp Thing: Never been a fan of Yannick’s work, but this may be a perfect marriage of artist n character. Covers’ a Hit
    2) Storm Watch: Don’t hate the illo, but the costuming 2 me, just isn’t Apollo n Midnighter. Covers’ a miss.
    3) Static Shock: McD has always been hot/cold depending on what he’s on. This one’s hot! Cover’s a hit.
    4) thru 7) Misses
    8) thru 10) On the fence
    11) Next 2 Frazetta n Dave Stevens, Adam Huges is my fave “good girl” artist, but that horrid design, even AH’s skills couldn’t overcome. Covers’ a Miss.
    12) Miss
    13) A Hit (barely)

Fixed the post. Detective #1 is coming out next Wednesday.
    Batman: The Dark Knight #1 is NOT coming out next week.
    Replaceable shit, IMHO.

3. VictimPrime says:

I’m starting to think DC is playing with my emotions now, they claim this reboot is to help bring in new readers, but this first bunch of number ones coming out looks like they are trying to bait old timers like me back into buying some books based on old memories of better times.

Animal man… Swamp Thing… OMAC…. I really want this books to be a good as they were back in the day, but damn, I know deep down I will be disappointed. Still the temptation is there to buy them, hoping for good things.

In the end I will probable end up getting Static Shock, Batwing or Batgirl, at least my disappointment won’t be tempered with old memories.

Scott Snyder is writing Swamp Thing. For that reason alone I’ll pick up that book. Snyder has also been hyping up Jeff Lemire’s Animal Man so I think I’ll be giving that one a go as well. 8)

VP, you should definitely pick up Animal Man & Swamp Thing.

I have it on great authority that Snyder’s Swamp Thing is as good as it gets. Someone even threw around the name Alan Moore when they were telling me this.

Giffen’s artwork on OMAC is supposed to be KRAZY.

• VictimPrime says:

Cool Ian, I am now officially pumped for these new books ;)

• Allfather says:

I’m looking forward to Swamp Thing and Animal Man. I have alot of faith in Snyder on Swampie and EVERYONE seems to be raving about Animal Man. I really like Lemire’s Sweet Tooth and I think he’s going to deliver with AM.

4. I’m getting six of these books, anybody care to guess which ones?

Detective, Green Arrow, Hawk & Dove, OMAC, Static Shock, Men of War and an extra copy of Detective?

• HAHAHA, Yep, except two copies of Hawk & Dove not Detective, One is copy is getting CGC treatment right away.

• I talk about the books I’m buying for the reboot in our most recent episode, also go over some recent comics.

…and we give IMJ a shout out @ 6:30 and at the end.

• Locusmortis says:

Man you’ve got the exact same accent as Jack Black lol, but seriously though, good video.

One thing you should be aware of when recommending books to foreigners is that generally comic books are much more expensive in their native countries. I can get books for the same price as in america only by buying from dcbs (or anyone else with a 30-40% discount). Buying trades via Book Depository(free postage) is probably the most cost effective way to buy

Wasn’t the Generation X tv show done by Roger Corman? Its meant to be one of the worst pilots ever done. You should check out the Cormans Fantastic Four film done around 1990, its something Marvel wants to hide, kind of like how George Lucas is ashamed of the Star Wars Holiday special. The FF film was done to write off a tax loss apparently.

Superman has George Perez on it….or should I say GEORGE PEREZ

• Oh ya Perez is doing Superman, I will wait to see what people say before I give that title a chance, and I have seen that Fantastic Four movie, one of the worst ever, anytime any of them used there super powers, it looked really bad. Thanks for the heads up about comics in other country’s, we didn’t even think about that. And thanks for watching and commenting.

batgirl swampthing omac give first issue a try maybe action and men at war i been hearing great things about animal man but its just not my cup of tea i read morrisons and it was good just not for me

6. Rick Huerta says:

That Batgirl cover is awful.

But it’s ribbed for your pleasure.

So, you’re perfectly fine with the terrible Tony Daniel and Brett Booth covers? Because if any covers need to called out it’s those two. I’ll take a bad Adam Hughes cover over that other shit any day of the week.

• philbyday says:

@Rick: 2 me, the illo is fine, even the face, but that God awful costume design just tanks it 4 me.. Still like it better than the Daniel cover! The Booth cover? Well…………..

7. I can’t wait for SWAMP THING. I know Snyder will revive this long dead phase of comic books. Snyder, Morrison, Cornell, Simone, there’s some good names on board.

8. megamanx4ever says:

What are the books everyone is looking forward too the most? The ones Im excited for the most are Animal Man, Action Comics, Storm Watch, Batwoman, Swamp Thing, Superman, and Batman.

• Rick Huerta says:

Action, Detective, Swamp Thing, Batgirl Superman, Batman, JLI, and most of all Nightwing. The rest have me excited too, but these are the big ones for me.

• Blackhawks, Mike Costa is a great comic writer. and Justice League Dark, Animal Man, Batman, Action, Batwoman, Storm Watch, Swamp Thing, Nightwing, Grifter, Blue Beetle, I’m sure I’m forgetting a couple too.

Batwoman, Wonder Woman, Action, Batman, Swamp Thing, Justice League Dark, Deadman, Resurrection Man and Animal Man. There are others I will be picking up but these are the ones I am hoping are great.

• Batman, Batgirl, Catwoman, Nightwing, Batwoman, Swamp Thing, and Animal Man.

• philbyday says:

4 me its
      Mildly excited; Action, Justice League, Batman, Suicide Squad, RedLanterns
      Curious; Batman BM DarkKnight, JLI, JLDark Catwoman
      Ondafence; WW, TeenTitans, Agent of Shade, New Guardians Batgirl, Red Hood & the Outlaws, Batwoman, Blackhawks, Firestorm, Mr Terrific, Blue Beetle
      4 kix n giggles Hawk n Dove, I Vampire, Stormwatch, Hawkman, Voodoo,
      Avoid at all costs; Superman, Detective, Flash,Omac Animal Man, Nightwing,Grifter
      Have 2 go back, n check on what I missed

• NicktheStick says:

Batman, Action, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Nightwing and JLI.

9. doc says:

Okay I’ll bite I don’t think tony daniel art is as bad as you guys made it out to be. I can’t comment on his writing sinces I never read his batman books but I think his arts are decent.

• philbyday says:

I held off responding 2 your post, Doc, because I thought several ppl would’ve “swarmed”
      8) your comment by now. Since that seems 2 not be the case, my two cents r; while I’ve never shared in the almost Liefeldian disdain of Mr. Daniel’s works as many on here do, I do feel that Tony’s style harkens back 2 early Image era stuff, & has never grown past that influence. Ultimately I feel his work is just “bland” He’s like Jim Lee with every ounce of energy sapped out of it. 2 date, I’ve never owned anything that Daniel’s name was on, although I’m gonna give Hawkman a shot.

Just my two cents :-)

• I don’t think his art is bad, It’s just not my style and I don’t like his layout choices. But when he writes it ends up being terrible and he always trys to bring in the worst characters, that he creates.

10. sai011 says:

The new #1 by DC that i am getting is Batgirl, Batwing, Static Shock, DETECTIVE COMICS, and ACTION COMICS.