DC’s NEXT LUCKY THIRTEEN – The Next DC NEW 52 #1 Comics Shipping 9.28.11

This entry was posted in A Public Service Post, Awesome, AWESOME OPPORTUNITY, Blockbuster, BREAKING NEWS, Buying Comics, Comic Book Cancellation, Comic Book Distribution, COMIC BOOK INDUSTRY, COMIC BOOK PRICE WAR, Comics Commentary, Comics Shipping, Coming Soon, Commentary, COOL, COSTLY COMIC BOOKS, DC Comics, DC NEW 52, DCnU, IMJ Nation™, IMJ WEEKLY FEATURE, Inveterate Media Junkies™, Inveterate Media Junkies™ BREAKING NEWS, JLA, MAINSTREAM BEST SELLERS, Mainstream Comics, New This Week, NEWS ALERT! and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to DC’s NEXT LUCKY THIRTEEN – The Next DC NEW 52 #1 Comics Shipping 9.28.11

1. PhilBetaGAMMA says:

1) l Vampire: Been diggin Jenny’s work ever since l found her on YT
    2) JL Dk: Sook 4 the most part, l havent cared 4, but this ‘n Deadman, he’s been hitting homeruns!
    3) Voodoo: Dig its simplicity Reminds me of Cassaday.
    4) Teen Titans; WonderGirl(?) sells it 4 me
    5) Hawkman: Because something had 2 be fifth.

2. Allfather says:

This last week seems to be the weakest week of the new 52. The ones I am looking forward to the most are All Star Western, Justice League Dark, and Superman (in that order). I will also check out Green Lantern: New Guardians, Dark Knight, and Teen Titans, but I don’t hold out much hope for them (however, some David Finch “dialogue” might provide a lot of unintentional humor).

I can see how you would think this AllFather– but I like the looks of All Star Western, Justice League Dark, Blackhawks, New Guardians and Voodoo. I also see major train wreck potential in Fury of Firestorm The Nuclear Men… And I am sorta interested in seeing what the VOLUME 5 of The Flash will be like.

Some of these Volume numbers are getting out of hand. VOL 5 for Teen Titans too.

3. Next week holds 0 for me…

• bello1234 says:

Agree completely I don’t really see anything that interests me plus I’ve picked up plenty of books from the previous weeks that I am going to continue to buy.

4. J. says:

Justice League Dark is the only one I really need to read this week but I will likely check out all of them. Some of them are bound to make me laugh.

• Don’t forget Flash :) No Johns writing it too! Francis FTW

Honestly, I would rather read a Johns comic before I read a Manapul written comic since Manapul has never written anything before. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a dull and terrible as when DC let Finch “write” Dark Knight. All these “hot” artists who think they can write as good as real writers is getting a tad bit sad. And DC is not helping matters by giving unproven writers top titles to work on. This isn’t 1990′s Image as much as Johns and Lee would like it to be. And for the record most of those comics read like ass as well.

I wonder how long before Aquaman loses another hand? Fuck.

Some of these books remind me of restaurant properties where the restaurants ALWAYS fail. There used to be this place in my hometown that was on a busy street: Great street exposure, signage opportunities and parking. EVERY FUCKING restaurant went out of business in 6 months to a year. (Even one major fast food chain.)

Yet, the minute one went out… Someone new started within a month to two months.

After noticing this for YEARS, I finally asked my Dad why people kept putting restaurants in this spot if they ALWAYS failed?

Dad replied, “Because people are IDIOTS, son. They ALWAYS think THEY have the BETTER IDEA… That’s it’s NOT the spot. It’s the IDIOTS that came before that are the problem…”

Hence we get CAPTAIN ATOM, AQUAMAN, SAVAGE HAWKMAN…

• bello1234 says:

It’s too bad too because I actually liked Captain Atom…We’ll see how the rest of the arc will be and how long the book will last but it was a pleasant surprise.

• rickhuerta says:

JL Dark is probably the book I’m anticipating the most also. All Star Western has me hopeful, but that usually means I’m gonna be let down.

I actually don’t have any DC comics on my list this week. Though I will likely check out, Justice League Dark, All-star Western and Superman.

6. (mguy1977) Matthew Guy says:

Superman is my number 1 choice w/ All Star Western a very VERY close runner up in the new DCU line for the upcoming week. I will be getting Flash #1 just to try it out but no promises beyond that.

Matthew

the only books im definetly getting i JLD and aquaman the interior art on i vampire looks really good might check that out the preview of superman convinced me its not for me i love hawkman dont love the creative team but its a maybe

Comments are closed.