RATE THE COVERS!™ DC NEW 52 MONTH TWO: WEEK 1

This entry was posted in A Public Service Post, Awesome, AWESOME ADVICE™, Comics Commentary, Comics Shipping, Coming Soon, Commentary, Common Sense, COSTLY COMIC BOOKS, DC Comics, DC NEW 52, DCnU, Geek Culture, IMJ Nation™, IMJ REGULAR FEATURE, IMJ WEEKLY FEATURE, Inveterate Media Junkies™, Inveterate Media Junkies™ Regular Feature, Inveterate Media Junkies™ Weekly Feature, MAINSTREAM BEST SELLERS, Mainstream Comics, New Release List, New This Week, Opinion, Superman and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to RATE THE COVERS!™ DC NEW 52 MONTH TWO: WEEK 1

After scouring the internets, I was able to finally find the BATWING #2 Cover (that the artist HIMSELF posted). Never found the cover for Green Arrow #2. Even the DC’s The Source shows the cover image for issue #1 as the cover for GA #2. (That’s how the IMJ Parody Cover came about.)

Jose and I both believe that the DC 52 Month Two books will be more scarce than the #1 issues– even though the Second Month issues are still mostly returnable. (Go figure.) Go early or get your retailer to hold what you want.

And you know what we say: If they won’t hold them (or any other book) for you– GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! :D

2. Stamps says:

The men of war and red lantern covers are my favorites.

What is going on in that animal man cover? LOL

Exactly what I thought, Stampy. I just that it the Animal Man cover was… Gross. I wanted to put up the Huntress cover but I didn’t want to confuse anyone from the theme… Seeing as this was the first RATE THE COVERS column.

I loved the MEN AT WAR cover. I think it is stunning!

So everyone know: As the DC NEW 52 hoopla dies down, we’ll be adding all sorts of DIFFERENT COVERS from all the DIFFERENT COMPANIES. This will NOT stay a DC 52 centric post forever. 8)

3. jocrlujr says:

Red Lanterns #2 gets my vote for laziest cover of the week.

4. Tiger Topher says:

You can get a glimpse at Green Arrow #2’s cover by following to the link below.

In all seriousness, Tiger… Thanks for the link!

And I wish I didn’t click on it. How fucking hideous is that? :)

And I added it to the post so we can ALL share the PAIN.

Again, thanks for the link Topher… Makes me like less a fool.

5. (mguy1977) Matthew Guy says:

Only Action Comics 2 & Swamp Thing 2 has quality art that I will be getting week plus JLI with a meh cover.

The Men of War 2 cover is epic awesome that draws the reader to at least try the book & take a peek inside.

Thanks for sharing Insideman.

Matthew

• PhilBetaGAMMA says:

I’ll probably be picking up a few more than u, Matt, but l def agree w/ Action & SwampThing, though l must admit, l kinda like that ‘War” cover, as well. Even though it sorta reminded me of JH :-)

thats a lot of good covers

7. Allfather76 says:

Covers: I kinda like Action, Animal Man is…..interesting, and Batwing is kinda decent. Men of War is by far the best cover though.

why does hawk look like he has to wash his costume since the reboot?

Did ANYONE notice that Justice League #2 did NOT come out this week (or last week)? What’s the word on that?