RATE THE COVERS!™ 119 of the BEST & WORST New Comic Covers for 5.9.12!

This entry was posted in AVENGERS, Awesome, COMIC BOOK COVERS, Commentary, Inveterate Media Junkies™ Exclusive, New This Week, Opinion, RATE THE COVERS!™ and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to RATE THE COVERS!™ 119 of the BEST & WORST New Comic Covers for 5.9.12!

1. Tiger Topher says:

I look at that Morning Glories cover and can’t help but think of I Spit On Your Grave.

I wonder if the similarities are purely coincidental.

That ‘I Spit on Your Grave’ poster is pretty iconic in horror movie circles. I don’t believe that Morning Glories cover is a coincidence.

Looks like comic artists don’t think people remember horror movies from a few decades ago because Punisher #11 is pretty much a wipe as well.

J. I almost put those up together… But I got sidetracked by Adam Hughes, again.

As we have learned over the last few months, comic artists truly are a group of lazy fucks.

True. As with any industry, there are true innovators and there are wads of goo willing to do whatever it takes to earn their “work for hire” checks. If I had an artist drawing an “homage” (or copy) of an iconic image, they wouldn’t just put “After Kirby” or “After Byrne”… They would reference the film or tv show as well.

I have zero problem with homages… But, like you, I feel a copy/rip-off just to make a quick buck is disgusting.

Dammit! You got that QUICK, Tiger! :D

I thought the same thing too before I even read Tiger’s comment. If two of us on here thought that right away, I am sure a lot more people will be thinking the same thing. I wonder if that swipe of a cover is a subtle way of showing that Spencer has become a hack in his own right as well.

Gee Deathstroke the Terminator is looking a lot like Deadpool this month….

fairest is the fairest of them all i love pat zircher cap cover so happy he is on the book

Why do the new wave of comic book artists INSIST on drawing a NOSE under Spider-man’s mask. I actually sorta liked the Avenging Spider-man cover (even with the bad scale and wonky angle) until I saw the nose.

Same kinda thing with Avengers Assemble cover. Not a bad drawing… But on what planet does Hawkeye’s arrows PIERCE the Hulk’s hide?

Dude, comics have to be completely realistic nowadays no matter how fucking stupid it looks. It’s just too damn much to ask people to use their imagination because most of them don’t have one. If Spider-Man didn’t have a nose in that drawing you would have tons of fucking twits complaining that Spider-Man doesn’t have a nose.

Welcome to today’s comic industry. The place where imagination and artistic integrity mean fuck all.

• Tiger Topher says:

Taking away his marriage and maturity wasn’t enough to make Spider-Man relatable for the fanboys, so Marvel went ahead and gave him a nose.