Who’s Getting What This Week?

Yikes. I can’t tell if my standards for comics are becoming to damn high or whether the American comic industry is just publishing more and more shit that isn’t worth the time and money to read. It’s probably a bit of both, huh? Don’t even know if it’s worth the effort to go to my LCS this week but if I did make the trek this is what I would be buying on Wednesday:

Chew #26

What are you getting this week?

This entry was posted in Image Comics. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Who’s Getting What This Week?

1. tomstewdevine says:

Batman Incorporated #1
    Fables #117
    Justice League Dark #9
    Unwritten #37
    Mind Mgmt #1
    No Place Like Home #4
    Prophet #25
    Ragemoor #3
    Rebel Blood #3
    Fantastic Four #606

I think this is a pretty solid week, I forgot to pick up No Place Like Home #3 but I will pick this one up to see where we are at. I have liked Matt Kindt’s previous work, so I will check out Mind Mgmt. Prophet continues to be this crazy Sci-Fi story that is really impressive. Ragemoor is a really good mini of one-shot’s, check it out if you like horror. With Unwritten, it’s the best book coming from the whole of DC, don’t pick up this issue if your new to it though, start with the trades.

• ComicBookDude says:

How are you liking Ragemoor, Tom? My dad is buying that series because of Richard Corben’s art and he’s enjoying it.

2. I have a pretty big pull but I only have 1 book

No place like home 4 (and its not that good)

aquaman
    prophet
    ragemoor
    captain america
    captain america and hawkeye
    journey into mystery
    secret avengers
    maybes
    godzilla
    batman inc

4. bello1234 says:

Chew 26
    The Flash 9 (Best book of the new 52)
    I, Vampire 9
    Justice League Dark 9 (hopefully Lemire steps it up)

• Oh yeah JL Dark with Lemire..I am going to get that one too..I really hope its gets better soon..the only reason I sticked with it is because i like the concept..the story up till now was just terrible..one of the worst from the new 52 imo

• worst dissapointments i mean…because there were so many bad titles I can easily mention 10 right now :-)

• bello1234 says:

couldn’t agree more I only read it for I, Vampire I’ll give it one issue with Lemire I hope it’s good the premise alone should’ve made it one of the best

5. All-Star Western #9
    Aquaman #9
    Fables #117
    Green Lantern: New Guardians #9
    Teen Titans #9
    Voodoo #9
    Chew #26
    Irredeemable #37
    Witchblade #156
    Deadpool #55
    Fantastic Four #606

After discounts, I’ll be spending less than $30 at the comic shop this week. My wallet will appreciate the break.

Chew

I haven’t picked up in a couple of weeks, and again I don’t know if I’ll go. I find I’m not getting really excited about anything right now. There are comics that I still like, but there isn’t anything that is forcing my to go th my LCS because I need to get an issue ASAP. Ah well…

7. Star Wars: Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison #1
    Justice League Dark #9 (Hope Lemire pulls this up or this ill be my last week)
    Superman #9
    Hellraiser #14 (Also a great series for the horror people)

8. ComicBookDude says:

Batman Incorporated#1
    Chew#26

Should be a fun stack of comics this week!