Who’s Getting What This Week?

So, it looks like a few great titles will be released this week accompanied by a whole lotta shit. In other words, it’s just your typical Wednesday in the American comic industry. Awesome.

Here’s what I’ll be buying tomorrow:

Batwoman #11
Naoki Urasawa’s 20th Century Boys Vol 21
Rachel Rising #9
Saga #5
Supergirl #11
Wonder Woman #11
X-Factor #240

What are you getting this week?

This entry was posted in Abstract Studio, DC Comics, Image Comics, Marvel Comics, Viz Media. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Who’s Getting What This Week?

1. comicbookdude89 says:

Saga #5
    Wonder Woman #11

2. bello1234 says:

Captain Marvel 1 (Liked the art we’ll see how long I’ll stay on)
    Saga 5
    Wonder Woman 11 (Maybe I have no idea what’s going on in this book)

3. Daredevil #15

Batwoman 11
    Wonder Woman 11
    Saga 5
    Kiss 2
    SW: Darth Vader and the Ghost Prision 3

• Locusmortis says:

whats Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison like?

LM, you really are dying for some new Star Wars stuff, huh?

(By the way, that was no comment on the book itself. I have no idea if it is any good or not… Although the covers look great!)

Brian Wood is going to be writing a Star Wars ongoing with the classic characters. It takes place after A New Hope. That could be good.

• Locusmortis says:

I’ve got a yen for it at the moment, it’ll probably pass soon enough. Still, the extended universe can be good as long as Lucas keeps away from it.

• Yeah, the Star Wars comics have a definite range on them. The Boba Fett Is Dead series is utter garbage, Dawn of the Jedi is typical–especially with Ostrander writing it (would rather see him do jedi stories than some of the others I’ve read), Vader and the Ghost Prison I think is the best out right now. Bit of a slow burn for a 5 issues mini, but worth a read.

But that is also why I think the comics are better than the books. Lucas doesn’t seem to have as much influence on them as he does in the novels. You can tell when the prequels movies came out and then all of a sudden the series that is taking place 40 years after all of that has all these convenient tie-in to the movies. Where as the Clone Wars comics (and not the ones based on the animated show) I thought were much better war stories and stories over all.

• It’s on par with some of the better Star Wars series. Right now there was an attempt on the Emperor’s life at the graduation of the first class of Imperial cadets. It seems to be more of a look at the goings on from the Imperial side in the lead up to ANH. The Ghost Prison will come up in the next issue. Seems to be some secret prison from the Clone Wars.

• Locusmortis says:

I bet I’m not the only one who wanted the Empire to win

• Just wanted to let you know I just finished #3. Any complaints I had about it being a slow burn are rectified with this issue. I think the next two are going to be really good. So far it is the best Star Wars series out.

8. PILKK90 says:

batmab beyond
    lantern corps
    darkness

9. I am going to do a top 3 There is just too much shit on my list I am almost emberassed about…

1. 20th Century Boys
    2. Rachel Rising
    3. Daredevil

• I understand how you feel. Usually, I don’t think I overdo it. Afterall, I manage to keep my bills paid and keep a comfortable amount of money saved up for a rainy day. So why not splurge on something I enjoy? Yet when I post my list in these threads and it’s like four-to-five times longer than everyone else, I can’t help but feel guilty. But then I see how many trades Ian buys and the guilt washes away.

So without further ado.

Skullkickers #16
      X-O Manowar #3
      Captain Marvel #1
      Fantastic Four #608
      X-Factor #240
      Fairy Tail Vol. 20

Hans, there’s no reason to feel guilty. I certainly don’t. :)

I’ve worked all my adult life and have volunteered the same amount of time (if not even more) to different animal charities. I figure I have raised a little over $10 Million Dollars for these organizations… And I have never taken a penny of it.

Ironically, I discovered that if I had spent all that time on me– instead of splitting it… That number would be in my Bank Account instead of the charities. And I have much, much, much less in my actual account to show for it. Yet, I don’t mind at all. I made a choice and I am extremely satisfied by it.

All that aside, you’re not buying crack or killing anything (other than trees– and they’re making more of those). I say the more the merrier.

I hope you continue to collect many comics and find the medium fun and satisfying. I know I want to barf when I read half the shit I buy. :D

Hack/Slash- You should write out your whole list every week!

Who knows? That book your “embarrassed” to mention might be somebody’s favorite– or potential favorite.

Nobody has to agree with me or Jose to post on this site. Opinions are simply the thoughts of the individual– and everyone is entitled to their own.

10. Matthew Guy says:

BATWOMAN #11
    FABLES #119 (MR)
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #11
    SAGA #5 (MR)
    DAREDEVIL #15
    FANTASTIC FOUR #608

Matthew

11. Denouette says:

Just Batwoman for me, and the end of what has been a pretty taxing arc to read, hopefully the next one will be less of a convoluted mess.