Who’s Getting What This Week?

Dude. If you are totally into the amazingly awful Grimm Fairy Tales comic line then you are going to be as happy as a pig in shit come Wednesday. No less than 5 GFT titles will be shipping. That’s including the 2012 Grimm Fairy Tales Swimsuit Special which I am sure will be utterly and completely tasteful. May I suggest you buy 2 copies of that one. You know, one to read and one to ruin. Amirite?

For those of us who actually have a modicum of taste, it looks like it’s going to be another slow week. Here’s my huge list of what I will be buying tomorrow:

Angel and Faith #12

What comics will you be wanking to buying this week?

This entry was posted in Dark Horse Comics. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Who’s Getting What This Week?

1. Superman 11
    Justice League Dark 11
    Hellraiser 16

As the masochistic Star Wars geek of IMJ I’ll pick up Darth Maul – Death Sentence 1

2. bello1234 says:

American Vampie 29
    Batman Inc 3 (although delayed until next month)
    I, Vampire 11
    Uncanny X-Force 28

3. Morlock50 says:

Nothing new for me this week. Might get some back issues of Locke & Key that I missed.

4. PILKK90 says:

is that a real metal gear manga coming out or is it a art book or something?

5. Denouette says:

Justice League Dark #11
    Debris #1
    National Comics: Eternity #1

Might also get Anti #1 because the FCBD issue was pretty enjoyable. Officially dropping Batman Incorporated since I realised that I still haven’t read my copy of #1 yet, let alone #2. If I’m getting a book and forgetting about it, I don’t need to be buying it. . .

6. Morlock50 says:

Here’s a question: What the hell is Grims Fairy Tales about anyway? Is it like Fables but with more cleavage?

That’s pretty much it, ya. The art and writing are like a 100 times more atrocious as well.

Morlock, Grimm Fairy Tales comics are NOTHING like Fables.

They exist because the success of Fables. Those books came out after Fables showed there was a market for these type of characters in a current context.

It’s the same reason I believe the ABC TV Show Once Upon A Time also exists… Fables opened the door. While I like the show, Fables is much better… Not only for Willingham’s superb writing and more complex story but because the comic (understandably) has an unlimited budget– while the TV show has budgetary and time constraints that limit the effects they can create every week.

Fables is a whole world that uses Fairy Tale characters in a whole new mythology.

Grimm Fairy Tales started off as a series of one-off Twilight Zone type anthology stories that featured more adult, updated, cleavage-filled versions of the original Grimm Fairy Tales… Then switched to adding its own lame mythology… I guess when they realized they were running out of original Fairy Tales to rip off.

The only other distinction? Fables continues to be one of the best books written today. Grimm Fairy Tales sucked when it started and continues to suck.

• Morlock50 says:

Ian, you’ve just convinced me to try out a Fables trade.

Buy the first two, Morlock… So you can get a really good feel. I promise it’ll be worth it.

Vertigo also has the collections in bigger deluxe hardcovers too… I bought them all as trades and now I’m buying the hardcovers as they are released… And I’ve only done that for 3 series. The story just keeps getting better and better.

7. ComicBookDude says:

American Vampire #29
    Angel and Faith #12
    Wolverine and the X-Men #14

8. Allfather says:

Before Watchmen Comedian #2
    Green Lantern #11
    Justice League Dark #11
    Angel and Faith #12
    Manhattan Projects #5
    FF #20
    Uncanny X-Force #28
    Wolverine and The X-Men #14

9. Aquaman 11 (Besides Batman & Batwoman I will drop every DC book at issue 12..and maybe I’ll stick with the Swamp Thing cross-over just because it already has been a 12×2 issue buildup to this cross-over event)
    Flash 11
    JL Dark 11
    Spaceman 8

Debris 1
    Graveyard of Empires 4 (issue 3 came out half year ago)
    Grim Leaper 3
    TMNT 12
    TMNT Micro 6

Maybe’s…

Hellraiser 16
    Goon 40

Wally Wood EC Stories Artist Edition HC New Printing (Finally?)
    Aragone’s Groo the Wanderer Artist Edition HC (NOT picking this up)

I am glad I didnt pre-order Groo the Wanderer..I believe 7 or 8 of these Artist Editions have been released so far..these are top of the line books..costing more then a 100 bucks..and IDW releases two of these Artist Editions in one week….

20th Century Boys Vol 21 (Didnt get it the previous week)

Hack Slash… I didn’t get the IDW Groo Artist’s Edition either. Or the David Mazzucchelli Daredevil. I’m going to get one I saw announced about a month ago but can’t remember which one it is. :)

Missed out on Wally Wood edition the first time… Unlike you, I ain’t paying $100 for a second print… But you are a better Wood fan than me. Love the passion.

I also don’t understand what could have happened in the last 6 to 10 months that have caused these newer IDW Artist Editions to go from $100 each to $125 each. That’s ridiculous.

• Tiger Topher says:

Mazzuccheli’s Born Again book is a thing of beauty. You’re missing out, Ian. I almost didn’t buy it myself due to its cost, but I got lucky and found a shop that was selling it for like $85. At that price I felt obligated to pick it up. Also, that same shop had some back issues that I knew I could make money with on eBay, so I grabbed them as well. Long story short, I sold the back issues and made so much on them that I not only covered the cost of the comics and the Born Again book, but I also made a profit on top of that. Needless to say, I was pretty damn happy.

• Did Grim Leaper #2 do anything to move the story. The first issue didn’t grab me because it felt like a prolonged setup of what a basic idea: Resurrection Man + Quantum Leap?

• Issue 2 of Grim Leaper delivered the goods, pretty face paced as well, but I was also pretty confused by the story and the powers of the main character(s)

• Just a quick mention that Wally Wood Artist Edition New Printing DID NOT come out this week! Its either a east coast west coast thing or nobody is getting it this week I dont know

• Tiger Topher says:

I just saw a guy purchase the Wally Wood book at my local comic shop, so it definitely came out here in Montreal.

winter soldier
    secret avengers
    dark avengers
    captain america and captain america and iron man
    super dino
    prophet
    nation comic eternity
    aquaman

Kuru, I’m curious how the Eternity book turns out. Let us know.

• kurumais says:

np some else is picking it up as well hopefully we will both post something. i think kid eternity is a great concept but one that probably cant be sustained over a long period of time. hopefully they esablish him as a character that can pop up now and again and maybe get a mini or one shots over the years.

11. TheMSpot says:

If the comics weren’t bad enough.

Anyway, since Batman Incorporated #3 will be delayed I only be getting The Goon #40 this week.

12. M. Fewko says:

Angel & Faith and Manhattan Projects are the only comics I’m reading at the time and I love both of them. Frankly, with all the great novels and games coming out, a break from the inconsistent world of USA comics is welcomed.

nothing american due this week so it’ll probably be just 2000AD and a bunch of Commandos

14. Late this week, been working a lot of hours.

All Star Western #11
    Aquaman #11
    Batman: The Dark Knight #11
    DC Comics Presents Wonder Woman Adventures #1
    Green Lantern #11
    Green Lantern: New Guardians #11
    I, Vampire #11
    Spaceman #8
    Superman #11
    Teen Titans #11
    Voodoo #11
    Debris #1
    Everybody Loves Tank Girl #1 (I’m surprised to not see this on anyone else’s list. Jim Mahfood art, people!)
    Mass Effect: Homeworlds #3