Who’s Getting What This Week?

A few things:

- I know I mentioned this not too long ago but Viz really needs to slow their roll on the Bakuman releases. I do love the book but I also have a limited monthly budget. Seriously Viz, stop being a dick.

- Man, I completely forgot about Blue Estate. If I didn’t even miss it, maybe I shouldn’t even be buying it. But since this is the last issue to the “First Season” I guess I will. Hope I can remember what happened last issue.

-Buffy Season 9 is no Angel and Faith. It’s not even close. This is another monthly that I am thinking about dropping. The art in the book is not helping matters. It’s so damn awful.

- Demon Knights is Demon Knights. Not overly great but not completely mediocre. It’s a fun book and fun goes a long way with me.

-Punk Rock Jesus #1 is one of the best comics I have bought all year. The art was so god damn sexy. I am really looking forward to #2.

- My LCS forgot to pull Massive #2 for me so I now need to buy two issues to catch up. Hoping they as good as the first issue. I’m betting they are.

Here’s what I’m buying tomorrow in case you couldn’t figure it out:

Bakuman Vol 13
Blue Estate #12
Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 9 #12
Demon Knights #12
Massive #3
Punk Rock Jesus #2

What are you getting this week?

This entry was posted in Dark Horse Comics, DC Comics, Image Comics, Viz Media. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Who’s Getting What This Week?

1. wwayne says:

Deathstroke and Grifter. The first one doesn’t drive me mad, but I collect every single comic Lobo appears in, so I’m forced to buy Deathstroke until this story arc finishes. I had already talked about my passion for Grifter in a previous comment (http://inveteratemediajunkies.com/2012/07/10/whos-getting-what-this-week-83/). When I did it, a reader replied me that he loves the character as well, but he doesn’t like how Liefeld (and DC in general) is treating him. In particular, he hated the fact that Liefeld chose to give Grifter superpowers. I agree with him: a big part of Grifter’s charm was his talent in getting out of troubles despite being a normal person. Now that he’s a superhero, people will think “Too easy, buddy” instead of “How did he do that?”. Anyway, I think I will never remove Grifter from my pull list (and I suggest you to do the same): even with superpowers, he remains one of the smartest and most interesting comic book characters ever.

2. Denouette says:

I’m in the same boat with Blue Estate. I’d actually been assuming this issue had already come out and I’d missed it somehow. The book started out really great, but could as easily have wrapped the first arc up 4 issues ago.

So,

Blue Estate #12
    Punk Rock Jesus #2
    It Girl & The Atomics #1

Agreed with Bakuman, much as I like it 4 volumes in 3 months is too much, it upsets the budget. They were on a steady bi-monthly schedule, speeding up the schedule is sort of like breaking the company-fan contract imo.

Good to hear Punk Rock Jesus is good, I’m trade-waiting it and I’ve been looking for a Vertigo comic that I could get into.

4. Morlock50 says:

Batgirl #12
    Batman #12

Yup, I’m back into DC. I tried to quit, but I just need my Superman/Batman/WW fix.

5. hackslash2020 says:

Fantastic Four #609
    Spider-Men #4

7. bello1234 says:

American Vampire: Lord of Nightmares 3
    Batman 12

8. M. Fewko says:

Fantastic Four #609 looks cool from the preview, but I’ve been done with that title since Marvel decided to completely pillage their “first family.”

I think I’ll trade wait Punk Rock Jesus, since I love Sean’s art.
    I’m pretty much only getting 5 comics a month, and a few mangas.

-Blue Estate

9. tomstewdevine says:

Batman
    FF
    Punk Rock Jesus
    The Massive
    Fairest

10. PILKK90 says:

super boy
    artifacts
    buffy (couldnt agree more about this book, nowhere near as good as angel)

frankenstien
    ressurection man
    captain america
    catpain america and iron man
    kiss 3
    maybes
    dardevil annual
    godzilla the 50 year war
    archer and armstrong
    itgirl and the atomics

12. comicbookdude89 says:

Batman#12
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9#12

While Buffy isn’t as good as Angel and Faith, I still enjoy how it’s being written. The buffybot thing was dumb, but still a good comic book.

13. Batgirl #12
    Red Sonja: Atlantis Rises #1
    Vampirella #20
    Fantastic Four #609
    Venom #22
    Scott Pilgrim Color Hardcover Vol. 1
    Fairy Tail Vol. 20

There were several other manga titles of interest but they’ll just have to wait for another time. I mean TWO volumes of Bleach in the same week? Overkill.

14. skinner sweet says:

Loving punk rock jesus getting that and i ordered scott pilgrim hardcover.

Also thinking of getting either Demon Knights or Frankenstein Trade anyone know which they preferred?

I don’t think I’m getting massive this time really haven’t cared for it so far.

My LCS had 30% off everything today and they had a sale on the Absolute edition of watchmen.
    I ended up getting it for 35$.

As for J not working at the comic shop anymore?

15. Matthew Guy says:

BATMAN #12
    FAIREST #6 (MR)
    DAREDEVIL ANNUAL #1 (more Alan Davis)
    FANTASTIC FOUR #609