Down below you will find a slew of pics taken by the website BuzzFeed of the upcoming Before Watchmen series of mini-series. The photos are taken from a binder which will most likely be making the rounds at comic conventions at the DC booth from now until the the series is released.
There is no doubt that the highlight of these pics are the character designs from The Minutemen by artist Darwyn Cooke. Though I have enjoyed Cooke’s Parker graphic novels it is great to see him doing some more superhero work. No matter how stale I think the genre has become, Cooke’s work here is really making me look forward to his mini-series. I only wish more writers and artists took a cue from Darwyn. Superhero comics in the industry would definitely be better off if they did.
And in case you have forgotten the creative teams working on the multiple mini-series, here’s a reminder.
BEFORE WATCHMEN includes:
– RORSCHACH (4 issues) Writer: Brian Azzarello, Artist: Lee Bermejo
– MINUTEMEN (6 issues) Writer/Artist: Darwyn Cooke
– COMEDIAN (6 issues) Writer: Brian Azzarello, Artist: J.G. Jones
– DR. MANHATTAN (4 issues) Writer: J. Michael Straczynski, Artist: Adam Hughes
– NITE OWL (4 issues) Writer: J. Michael Straczynski, Artists: Andy and Joe Kubert
– OZYMANDIAS (6 issues) Writer: Len Wein, Artist: Jae Lee
– SILK SPECTRE (4 issues) Writer: Darwyn Cooke, Artist: Amanda Conner
Before Watchmen begins in June.