Who’s Getting What This Week?

WHO'S GETTING WHAT THIS WEEK BANNER NEW7.24.13 Comic PicksNow this is weird…

Seems I actually do buy a comic book every month… And it’s called Dark Horse Presents. And I love it!

So take that, grumpy geeks! One comic book makes me as qualified as any other geek to tell you what comics I’d be buying (if I bought comics every week– which I don’t).

At least I don’t base my picks on site advertising dollars and back door payoffs made by comic book publishers! LOL that, you slimy press release regurgitating fucks! You’ve never met a comic book you couldn’t be PAID to like!!

Ahem. So here’s what I’ll be “getting” this week:

All Star Western #22, Clone #9, Dark Horse Presents #26, Lazarus #2, Lobster Johnson Scent of the Lotus #1, Sixth Gun – Sons Of The Gun #5

What are YOU buying this week?!

This entry was posted in Comic Book Collecting, Comic Books, Commentary, Geek Culture, IMJ Nation™, Inveterate Media Junkies™ Exclusive, New Comic Books, Opinion, Who's Getting What This Week? and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Who’s Getting What This Week?

1. Lazarus #2
    Wonder Woman #22 (didn’t get it last week)

Looks like I’ll be digging through the back issues. Which I have no problem doing since I haven’t done that in a while.

I recently found volumes 1 and 2 of Sleeper by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips for $2 each (I’m as surprised as anyone by all the great deals I’ve been finding this summer). I’m loving that series a lot. It’s a little confusing since I’m not too familiar with the Wildstorm universe, but it’s not too much of a problem since it doesn’t interfere with the main story too much.

I’m halfway through Batman: Year 100 and I’m liking it a lot more than I thought I would. I’m starting to understand why people go bonkers for Paul Pope. I used to not like his art, mainly because I suspect that I didn’t fully immerse myself in it, but I really like his art now. And he’s not a bad writer either. I like how the story/each issue doesn’t let you go until the very end. I should finish #3 and #4 tonight so I can actually do a full review.

2. Bounce 3
    Green Hornet 4
    Lazarus 2

3. hackslash2020 says:

Army of Darkness vs Hack Slash #1

H/S, What did you think of the end of the Hack/Slash series?

• I loved how every main character where given their moment to shine(or die :-)) .In a logical but not predictable emotional rollercoaster kinda way..it totally reminded me why I loved cassie, vlad, pooch and Cat Curio in the first place..I felt the series a bit dragging and I didnt know I was reading the actual end of the series untill the last issue..and the last issue wanted me to read the series all over again.

An odd week for me, as of late… I don’t think i am getting anything.

I might end up picking up Lazarus #2, but I haven’t read #1 yet. Either way, I don’t think I will be making a trip to my LCS this week.

I’ve noticed this a lot. People are seeing a lot of stuff coming out… But not a lot of bites.

Maybe you are all saving your money for Trinity War and Infinity Overload (or whatever that thing’s called)… 😛

• NicktheStick says:

I’m actually quite alright with nothing this week – I am fairly behind on comics. Hopefully I will be able to make a dent in my backlog.

I caught up on Weekly Shonen Jump – six weeks worth last week… So, I guess it is time for some North American comics this week…?

• ed2962 says:

“Infinity Overload”…sounds like it be the title of a Rush album. (joking)