IMJ Open Thread

IMJ OPEN THREAD™ RED WHITE BLUE ABSOLUTE FINALFlorence and The Machine Open Thread Banner

This entry was posted in Comic Books, Commentary, Film, Geek Culture, IMJ Open Thread, Inveterate Media Junkies™ Exclusive, Music, Opinion, Television and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to IMJ Open Thread

Has anybody else heard anything about Dynamite Entertainment?

I seriously think something’s up with the Publisher. I am seeing huge sales around and I keep making a mental note every week that I am seeing little or no activity from them on the Graphic Novel front– which is very unusual.

I may be completely mistaken… And it just may be a slow time for them. It IS just a feeling I’m getting and is not based on any actual facts.

2. venom829bane says:

Fir your entertainment I proudly bring you all a classic:

I just realized something today… I wonder if LUTHER STRODE came from Jamie Lee Curtis’ character name in Halloween?

That Dark Magician figure is awesome!

Like every kid that watch Yugio, seeing The Dark Magician come into play meant shit was about to get real.

• Or if Blue-Eyes White Dragon came into play. Especially if all 3 were summoned. Wish people still played Yu-Gi-Oh. That was the only trading card game that I stuck with for more than a year. I still buy some packs every now and then. I want to get those Egyptian god cards 🙂

• NicktheStick says:

For whatever reason I never got into Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Loved the show, but didn’t care about the cards much. Mostly because I was playing Magic the Gathering at the time. Which I kind of want to get back into, but same old problem… unless I want to go to a Fright Night Magic, I have no one to play against. And I don’t know if I’m wanting to jump into FNM just yet.

• Locusmortis says:

I’d rather jump off a cliff than get back into FNM tbh, nobody plays magic for fun and to try out different decks and stuff these days, it’s all about getting points to get into PTQs and all that shit.

IMJ Nation!

IMJ Contributor Irene Pynn is a FINALIST in a competition to get her 10 Minute play produced. Please go vote for her play from now through November 5th (the deadline has been extended) at: http://independentplaywrights.com/pages/ten-minute-play-contest

We would all appreciate it! 🙂

No obligation or exchange of information. Only Takes a Second! THANKS!

6. M. Fewko says:

Any PKD fans here? I worked on the soundtrack for a spoken-word project based off FLOW MY TEARS THE POLICEMAN SAID. A meld of dark ambient, with some industrial rock.

7. So whats the gameplan for the new consoles? Without bias I am going with the PS4 because its 100 cheaper and its technically the better console..also most of my friends go with PS4..Xbox has more games but I am underwhelmed by all the announced games..there is.nothing really next gen yet imo..NBA 2k14 looked great but I dont play that type of game.
    What games are you looking forward to?

My game plan is to keep my PS3’s and enjoy the heck out of them. I don’t ever plan to upgrade to an XBox One– unless someone gives me one.

I may get a PS4 in a year or so. But I am in no rush. I’d like to think Sony & Microsoft have worked the kinks out of their systems… But the truth is, Sony is not the infallible entity it once was… And “Red Ring of Death” reports could be coming in a few months from either console.

So I’ll just wait.

• Blanchard says:

That’s kind of my plan as well. Considering the snail pace that I play video games, it will probably be two years or more before I upgrade to a PS4.

Plus, I got a chance to play Assassins Creed 4 on a PS4 last week and it look/played/felt like a PS3 game. I’m not sure what I was expecting but I was hoping for something a little more next-gen (if that makes any sense).

I’m sure there will be something really cool for the PS4 but your comment about AC4 seals the deal for me, Blanchard. I see no reason to drop that kinda coin when I have at least two dozen games that aren’t out of the cellophane yet… And zero of those will play natively in a new PS4. (I guess I’d have to get them off the internet or something?)

Hopefully my PS3s still have a lot of life left in them. Plus I am going to post an insane Black Friday ad later today– for PS3 and XBox 360 consoles. It almost seems it would be smarter to buy a back-up to one of those machines than buy a new Next Gen one.

Patton Oswalt’s are the best!

9. hackslash2020 says: