IMJ Open Thread

IMJ Open Thread Frost Blue 2014 Banner2014 Winter Olympics Sochi Ring Glitch

This entry was posted in Commentary, Fun, Geek Culture, IMJ Nation™, IMJ Open Thread, Inveterate Media Junkies™ Exclusive, Inveterate Media Junkies™ Open Thread, Opinion, The Intelligent Geek Discussion™ and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to IMJ Open Thread

Don’t think of it as an Olympic Opening Ceremony Ring Malfunction… Think of it as an Olympics with an Asterisk— held in a country that deserves a long, hard look (especially over their atrocious Anti-Gay laws and policies).

And this logo appeared on Google on 2.7.14:

with the following excerpt from the Olympic Charter:

“The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play.”

20 years ago today Jack Kirby passed away. All hail the King!

3. venom829bane says:

Hey Ian have you got my email?

4. J. says:

Finally got around to seeing Man of Steel. Boy, was that thing a huge piece of shit. Glad I waited.

• Morlock50 says:

I heard somewhere that Mark Waid left the theater before the movie was over. How did you like those “awesome” fight scenes?

Hahaha, “awesome” fight scenes indeed. It was all just so over the top. I mentioned somewhere else that it was like watching a bad version Dragon Ball Z. The movie was just bad. There was little to no character development so I didn’t care if everyone in the movie died. I am not looking forward to what they do in the sequel at all.

• TheMSpot says:

I don’t blame Mark Waid for leaving it’s well documented he is a DC and especially a Superman fan. For me who isn’t much of a Superman fan, Man of Steel basically pisses on the 75 year history of the character which is something I could not abide. That’s a greater issue I have with Warner/DC in general is the dour tone of their movies/comics. Elements I don’t think are necessary to these characters or beating the audience over the head with the grim n’ gritty, brooding, character that are just plan flat, leaving them just as one dimensional an indistinguishable as the next. Also, I’ve been so OVER all the news of the casting choices for the sequel.

And did someone say, bad version of Dragon Ball Z?

• venom829bane says:

Yeah wait til the “sequel” comes out… I guarantee it’ll make mos look like the greatest thing ever

5. M. Fewko says:

Well I’ll be a Monkey’s Punching Uncle! Every time I have a LUPIN THE THIRD: MINE FUJIKO marathon I find myself, immediately upon completion, with an urge to just watch them all yet again~

Hey, Sayo! Please direct more animes? *_*