IMJ Daily Links™

IMJ DAILY LINKS™ FINAL 2014 BANNER

‘Batman vs. Superman’ set photo: Henry Cavill in Superman costume

Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Naomie Harris, + more join ‘Jungle Book Origins’

Two out-of-print Jimi Hendrix LPs to be re-released

‘Star Wars Episode VII’ to have more practical effects and less CGI

Marvel cancels ‘Superior Foes of Spider-Man’ and ‘New Warriors’

AMC renews ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ for a second season

China testing allows audiences to text onscreen messages during movies

RUMOR? ‘Call of Duty’ publisher Activision forming movie studio

Greg Finley cast as Girder in ‘The Flash’

New extended UK trailer for ‘Gotham’

Dwayne Johnson confirms ‘Shazam’

Alfred Molina wants to play Doctor Octopus again

Frank Miller can’t watch ‘The Dark Knight’ or any other Batman filmLM ULTRA THIN BOX BREAK

This entry was posted in Aaron Evans, Comic Book Film News, Commentary, Entertainment News, Film News, Geek News, IMJ Daily Links™, Movie News, Opinion and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to IMJ Daily Links™

ROFL! Frank Miller apparently can’t watch any of the Batman films!

Seems fair… Coming from the man who totally ruined ROBOCOP for me.

• Locusmortis says:

And The Spirit.

Yeah, I wonder if he totally owns The Spirit now. If he does, that’s a fucking crying shame.

I am sure Frank Miller would sodomize the corpse of Will Eisner if he were legally allowed to and also film it as an extra for the 10th Anniversary Spirit blu ray release. Of course, he would also be completely hammered while yelling about how Muslims are the worst kind of people.

Anyway, I loath Frank Miller in case you couldn’t tell.

• ComicBookDude says:

The downfall of Frank Miller really has been shocking and sad to watch. His early work is phenomenal. For me it all went downhill as soon as Dark Knight Strikes Again came out, which isn’t even that bad when compared to some of his other recent work came out (I’m looking at you All-Star Batman and Robin…)

I hate All-Star Batman and Robin so much. Such a waste of paper and talent. Not even Jim Lee’s art could save that wretched thing. There are pictures of some of the actual scripts written by Miller of that comic and if I was Jim Lee I would’ve felt extremely awkward reading those scripts and would be very concerned for Miller’s mental health.

Here are some of the scans of the scripts:

• ComicBookDude says:

Thanks for reminding me that The Spirit movie exists…

My dad and I watched it a few years ago and we felt so bad for Will Eisner. That movie was awful. How Frank Miller could take such a genius and beloved comic like The Spirit and reduce it to… whatever that movie was made both of us sad. Although, to the film’s credit it is very forgettable.

Of course AMC renewed Halt & Catch Fire! First off, it’s a really good show. It got much better viewership than the first few seasons of Breaking Bad… And one of the 2 male leads just played RONAN in the Guardians of the Galaxy film and the other male lead is rumored to be playing FLASH in Batman v Superman. (And the 2 women leads are both great actors AND stunning.) What’s not to renew?

I watched the first episode of that show when it aired and it fucking bored me to tears. To tears, I say!

That’s what you get for watching ONE episode of anything. And you call me quick to pull the trigger! 😉

True. But I have enough crap to watch. Shows only get one episode to impress me nowadays. And that new Doctor Who this weekend better be fucking golden because that’s been on the chopping block for a while.