IMJ Daily Links™

IMJ DAILY LINKS™ FINAL 2014 BANNERLM ULTRA THIN BOX BREAK

New ‘Constantine’ First Look featurette

Nicholas D’Agosto cast as Harvey Dent in ‘Gotham’

‘Star Wars Rebels’ renewed for second season

Leonardo DiCaprio exits Steve Jobs biopic

Simon Kinberg talks ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’

‘Pirates of the Caribbean 5’ to start filming in Australia next February

‘Rush Hour’ TV series heads to CBS

Daniel Radcliffe cast in ‘Now You See Me 2’

Amazon suspends hostilities with Disney

How the ‘Batman v. Superman’/’Star Wars’ rivalry started

Peter Capaldi embarrassed by his Doctor Who fanboy past

Duct tape model of ‘Firefly’s’ SerenityLM ULTRA THIN BOX BREAK

This entry was posted in Aaron Evans, Comic Book Film News, Commentary, Entertainment News, Film News, Geek News, IMJ Daily Links™, Movie News, Opinion and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to IMJ Daily Links™

1. Morlock50 says:

This Constantine actor is definitely better than Keanu; but he just doesn’t scream JC to me…still not quite right.

Years ago, when they were first talking a movie or a HBO series, Julian Sands would have been PERFECT. I even kept telling people to get STING to play Constantine. I think he would have been a great choice too.

• Morlock50 says:

Constantine would make an awesome HBO special Ian. Then we could get the Vertigo version of him. A John Constantine who isn’t using the word “cunt” in every other sentence just isn’t really Constantine. Also, he could be portrayed as the absolute selfish bastard that he’s supposed to be; something that I doubt the TV show is going to have the guts to show.

Yeah, Morlock… I think we are going to get the New 52 version of Constantine here– more of a CW Network show than anything else. I love the Supernatural TV series– and I think it is as valid as any other great TV show… But this is definitely NOT the John Constantine Hellblazer Vertigo character we all loved.

• Morlock50 says:

God, how many great stories where could have been used from Hellblazer? This could have been an intense horror show….but I’ll still check it out and hope for the HBO version of Y the last man or Preacher.

That is if TPTB in DC want to acknowledge that 90’s Vertigo ever happened.

• Morlock50 says:

It just occurred to me that the characters who need to be grim and gritty, DC turns them into PG versions without bite. And great all-age characters like Captain Marvel (who I will never refer to as Shazam) are presented as grimdark.