Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Teaser Trailer (OFFICIAL)

This entry was posted in Avengers Age of Ultron, Avengers Movie, Commentary, Film Trailer, IMJ Nation™ Movie Trailer, Marvel Studios, Movie Teaser, MOVIE TRAILER, Opinion and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Teaser Trailer (OFFICIAL)

1. J. says:

I’ll will copy pasta something that I said elsewhere about this abortion of a trailer with a special bit of news as well:

So, how about that new Avengers trailer, huh? Looks so dark and depressing with a bit a grim n’ gritty thrown in for good measure. You know, just like that last piece of shit Superman move. Fucking shit is getting OLD…

On a somewhat similar note, I’ll most likely be canceling my monthly comic pull next week except for Invincible, Buffy, Stray Bullets, Alex + Ada and maybe one or two more. I’ve had my fill of the comic industry. Rampant misogyny, ignorant fanboys, asshole/greedy retailers and all.

Also, heroes fighting heroes? Fuck off, Marvel. I know your Civil War story is coming back around in the movies and it tasted like bile the first time around. The Outhouse of Reycled Shit indeed.

Well, I liked the trailer. A lot. You say tomato, I say tomahto. 🙂 I know people who have read the Age of Ultron script and tell me they never realized a “superhero” movie could be so amazing– and yes, even “un-superhero” like. And I would damn well expect the Civil War storyline to be awe-inspiring in the hands of Joss Whedon too. You like Whedon (and there’s tghe awesome Russo Brothers– who are handling Captain America 3.) Give them a chance. There’s a reason why Mark Millar can only find a job at major studio by working on those shitastic FOX Marvel movies.

Finally, how in the hell someone could get James Spader to sound so menacing is beyond me. Of course, Spader’s played mean before… But his Ultron sounds completely devoid of humanity… Quite different than anything he’s ever done. And I loved the ever so slight tinny sound they added to the voice-over.

It’s more like you say tomato and I say potato. 🙂

Of course I am going to see this and I hope I am wrong but Whedon in not infallible. This trailer does absolutely nada for me. I saw nothing in it that remotely got me excited. But we shall see,

Can we at least agree that Batman V. Supes is going to be a huge sack of diarrhea? If not, I think we may have some issues to deal with. 😉

Of course, no one is infallible. But I would bet ON Whedon before I would bet AGAINST him… And you liked Avengers. Plus– be honest: You’ve been REALLY tired the last couple days… So tired, I’m guessing, that the ONLY way you would’ve been gushing over that trailer was if JUDY GREER showed up as Jocasta. 😉

And yes, I doubt there will much in Batman v Superman I will like. I’ve only liked ONE Zack Snyder movie– his Dawn of the Dead remake. (I didn’t even much care for 300– and everybody went NUTS over that.) The funniest news coming out of the DC Movie mess? The actor playing Cyborg admitted the other day he did NOT know they were making a separate movie for his character. All it’s going to take is a couple of these DC movies to crash and burn– and all these “plans” will instantly combust. I actually hope they are all really good… But in the meantime, I’ll take my DC on TV. (Specifically, the CW Network– as I think Fox’s Gotham is a steaming pile of shit.)

You are very correct. I have been verrrrrry tired the last few days and, yes, if Judy Greer was in the film (preferably playing Mockingbird) I may have sang a different tune. Still, as much as I love everything Whedon does I did watch his ‘Much Ado About Nothing’ somewhat recently and was not impressed in the least.

The more I think about it the more I believe the only reason I really like the Dawn of the Dead remake is because James Gunn wrote it. If you need a reminder of what Snyder is capable of doing all by his lonesome go watch the train wreck known as Sucker Punch. I have nightmares of the Wonder Woman being exactly like that movie and I cry…a lot.

And, ya, Gotham is the fucking worst.

• dimaman15 says:

What do you think is going to be worse? The WW movie or the WW comic when Azzarello/Chiang leave and are then replaced with Finch/Finch?

That’s tough call but I’m going to say the comic. The movie MIGHT have some redeeming qualities but there is no way the comic will.

• Morlock50 says:

That’s a hard question. Like asking which smells worse; dog shit or elephant shit?

If Zack Snyder is directing Wonder Woman….that’s gonna suck hard.
                And, of course, we already know what we’re gonna get with David “McSame Face” Finch.

• dimaman15 says:

For some reason I am really excited for Affleck as Batman, but yes everything else is going to fail horribly.

• Morlock50 says:

My immediate observations (cracks his knuckles):
        *This trailer is geared towards Marvel fanboys who already know who Ultron is, and can recognize Scarlet Witch and the image of Cap’s shield being smashed. General audiences will probably wonder how a team of heroes who fought against an alien invasion and a god are going to be knocked back on their heels by…a robot. That looks like the Terminator with the fake skin burnt off. Who quotes Pinocchio.
        *Disney owns Marvel’s ass, so of course we get the Pinocchio reference. Is this an example of corporate synergy?
        *Heroes vs Heroes. Didn’t they do that shit in the first one?
        *Trailer looks mighty grim. Really gets me pumped to pluck down my 11.50 in a couple of months, I’ll tell ya. And nothing more exciting to me than seeing the good guys give up on camera.
        *They’re really going through with the Civil War plotline? I feel like Rachel McAdams in Mean Girls: Stop trying to make Civil War a thing, Marvel. It’s not gonna happen!

• Morlock50 says:

Jose, I’m sorry to hear about your disgust with the industry. But the reality is, you’re not the target audience anymore. And neither am I. Or Ian. Or anybody who is part of the Nation. Anybody who likes their comics to be fun, well-written, and professionally drawn, and basically likes their entertainment to be entertaining are not what Marvel and DC are looking for as far as readers. Actually, they really don’t want readers, per say. They want consumers to consume their IP pamphlets in between movie releases. But I notice that the books you’re still going to read are indies, so there’s that.

My overall disgust for the industry has been building over the years. Being in it for as long as I was played a big part in it. Also, I think the fact a couple hacks will be taking over Wonder Woman soon was the last straw for me. But it really is a mixture of all the things I stated above.

I will still be buying indies but even those I will be cutting back on. I can never be completely away from comics but at the same time I really do not want to be anywhere near them as much anymore. At least I’ll have all you guys here who know the real score when it comes to comics.

2. ComicBookDude says:

I liked this trailer a lot. Hearing James Spader as Ultron for the first time and seeing a few seconds of Hulkbuster vs. Hulk action gave me a huge grin on my face. Plus I’ve been waiting to see Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver on the big screen ever since I knew they existed and I never understood why the early X-Men movies never used them.

Ian, “shitastic” FOX movies? I really enjoyed X-Men: Days of Future Past and First Class a lot. Unless you’re referring to the upcoming FF movie(s), which I hate to say I have low expectations for. Even the previous FF movies weren’t that great. The only thing those two movies got right was the relationship between Ben and Johnny.

With Batman vs. Superman, we’ll see. I am so hoping it’s good because it seems like WB’s plans hinge entirely on that movie and if something goes horribly wrong with BvS, there goes WB’s plans. But I am definitely with you in regards to the CW shows. As long as Flash and Arrow keep kicking ass I’m totally satisfied with that being my live action DCU fix. Gotham better step up its game soon because I’m getting a little tired of it already.

And for the record, my favorite Zack Snyder movie is Watchmen. Man of Steel and 300 were all sorts of meh for me. Let’s not talk about Sucker Punch.

• Locusmortis says:

Affleck as Batman, that tells me the Batman/Superman film is going to terrible.

• dimaman15 says:

I don’t know why, Affleck as Batman really has me intrigued. But yes the movie itself will most likely be an abomination.

• Locusmortis says:

Yeah but you get that big lantern jaw in a bucket helmet with his smug voice that’s like someone gargling foie gras. I’m not a fan….of his acting that is, good director though.